Epigastric Hernia Treatment in Pune
An epigastric hernia normally creates in the epigastrium, i.e., the upper focal aspect of the stomach divider, between the midsection button and the rib confine.
Epigastric hernias are typically little as just the midline of the midsection gets through the encompassing tissue. These sorts of hernias are commonly effortless and may not be recognizable when resting. Their quality in some cases is harmless, making it hard to identify it. Be that as it may, around 2 – 3% of all stomach hernias are epigastric hernias.
If you find any symptoms of Epigastric Hernia must consult a Qualified Laparoscopic and Laser Surgeon near you!!
Dr. Abhijit Gotkhinde is the Best Laparoscopic Hernia Surgeon in Pune.
Epigastric Hernia Surgery
TAPP is a minimally invasive surgery performed under general anesthesia.
- The open medical procedure is more qualified for a more modest hernial development where there isn’t any noticeable peritoneal sac through the stomach divider, which is generally the situation with epigastric hernias.
- It is commonly performed under nearby sedation in grown-ups. In any case, in kids, medical procedures done under broad sedation, require unique consideration and consideration.
- The entry point is made through the skin and subcutaneous fat to uncover the herniated surface.
- As the protuberance is generally little, it is effortlessly repositioned with a couple of stitches without the need for any work.
Laparoscopic Epigastric Hernia Repair
- Laparoscopic treatment is utilized uniquely for bigger epigastric hernial development which could be imagined by the laparoscope. The laparoscopic approach can’t be utilized for little epigastric hernias in light of the fact that there is no noticeable peritoneal sac from inside the mid-region.
- It proceeds as an ordinary laparoscopy surgery where a laparoscopic camera and a few working trocars are presented inside the stomach divider through minuscule (not as much as quarter inches) entry points made away from the epigastrium for the employable trocars.
- The hernial development is repositioned, and the harmed divider is stitched with the laparoscopic instruments.
- A manufactured work is set over the sight through one of the apparatuses to reinforce the divider muscles further.
Treatment of Hernia
Adult hernia never get better with time. Surgery is the only way to cure a hernia as it cannot go away on its own.
There is tremendous evolution in the surgery of hernia. It can be done by an Open approach with or without mesh application or the second approach which is gaining more popularity nowadays is – Laparoscopy.
A laparoscopic hernia surgery is a minimally invasive approach that involves the use of laparoscopy and allows a laparoscopic surgeon to repair the weakened area through several small incisions (about a half-centimetre), hernia sac is removed and if required closure of the defect . This closure is accomplished by attaching a mesh patch to the outside of the abdominal wall just beneath the layer of muscle .
Due to the use of mesh, the chances of reoccurrence of hernia is significantly decreased.
Its always divided on the basis of related to surgery and related to the patient. Though chances are less Infection, bleeding injury to the surrounding structure is possible. The risk of complications increases if the patient smokes, takes drugs, or is a heavy drinker, or has other medical conditions.
- Minimal pain and patients are able to return to work more quickly as compared to open surgery.
- Heals faster. Early return to work and normal activities is possible.
- If it’s a recurrent hernia then laparoscopic techniques are easier.
- It is possible to check for and repair a second hernia on the opposite side at the time of the operation.
About Dr. Abhijit Gotkhinde – Laparoscopic & Laser Specialist Surgeon
Dr. Abhijit B. Gotkhinde
Consultant Laparoscopic & Laser Surgeon
MBBS, DNB (GEN SURGERY), FMAS,
FIAGES, Fellow in Adv lap.
Dr. Abhijit B. Gotkhinde is one of the Qualified basic & advanced Laparoscopic Surgeon and the best Laser Surgeons in the Hadapsar, Pune. He believes in delivering the most authentic and top-class services in Piles, Fissure, Fistula Treatments also Hernia Treatments like Epigastric Hernia, Umbilical hernias, Epigastric hernia, Inguinal hernia, Femoral Hernia.
He has extensive experience in GI & Colorectal surgeries. He has a special interest in Laparoscopic surgery (cholecystectomy, Appendectomy, Hernia, Hysterectomy & Hiatal surgery) and minimal access proctology surgery. (Piles, fissure & fistula).
There are various types of Hernia occurred in people. These hernias types include hiatus, incisional, and umbilical hernias. Symptoms are present in about 66% of people with Groin Hernias. So for that many treatments can be done for various Hernia Treatment within Laparoscopic Surgery Treatment. After trying various methods without complete information and knowledge many people fail to achieve the desired Laparoscopic Surgery or Laser Surgery for Hernia and Piles Treatment.
A well Qualified Professional in Laparoscopic Surgeon has the knowledge, expertise, and experience to treat patients who suffer from Hernia Treatments like Epigastric Hernia, Umbilical hernias, Epigastric hernia, Inguinal hernia, Femoral Hernia and Piles, Fissure, Fistula Treatments also.
Ultra Care Clinic is proud to say that we offer affordable quality care without any compromise, by a Qualified surgeon Dr. Abhijit Gotkhinde.
Different people feel varying degrees of pain. Sometimes it’s completely pain-free but may associate with discomfort. Some patient may feel dull aching sensation, and feeling pain while lifting weight
- Irreducibility- contents of hernia like omentum , does not go back ,even on gentle pressure.
- Obstruction: when intestine is the content it may also result in obstruction (intestinal blockage), which is extremely dangerous.
- Strangulation: It occurs when the blood supply to the herniated intestine is cut off or greatly reduced, causing the bowel tissue to die or rupture
A. Medical management
1. High fiber diet(fruits, vegetables, etc)
2. Adequate hydration(proper intake of water)
3. Stool softener (in case of constipation)
4. To decrease the time spent on the toilet
B. surgical Management
Usual treatment options :
1. Change of diet and lifestyle (Grade I)
2. Lotions, medicaments, ointments (Grade I)
3. Rubberband, sclerotherapy, infrared coagulation (Grade I + II)
4. Closed surgery: Stapler Hemorrhoidopexy (Grade III)
5. Open surgery: Milligan-Morgan, Parks (Grade III + IV)
6. Hemorrhoid Laser Procedure(all grades).
1. Couple of days to a week in the hospital
2. Pain for 7-10 days
3. Postoperative bleeding
6. Problems with sitting
7. Open wounds need 4-6 weeks to heel
8. Necessity of taking baths
- Minimally invasive laser therapy of hemorrhoids
- Controlled hemorrhoidal shrinkage
- Very good hemostasis
- Maximized preservation of continence
- Small wound sizesLaser HemorrhoidoPexy (LHP)
Also known as LaserHemorrhoidoPlasty
This approach is used for the treatment of hemorrhoids under appropriate anesthesia. The fiber of the laser is inserted centrally into the hemorrhoidal node and energy is delivered. By this technique, hemorrhoids can be treated according to their size without causing any damage to the anoderm or mucosa.
- If surgery is indicated, this therapy will provide you with an improved patient outcome especially regarding pain and recovery compared to conventional surgical proceeding for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th-degree hemorrhoids.
- Under proper local or general anesthesia, the controlled laser energy delivery obliterates the hemorrhoids from the inside and preserves the mucosa and sphincter structures to an extremely high degree(Tissue reduction in the hemorrhoids).
- The controlled emission of laser energy, which is applied submucosally, causes
the hemorrhoidal mass to shrink.
- In addition, fibrotic reconstruction generates new connective tissue, which ensures that the mucosa adheres to the underlying
- This also prevents the occurrence or recurrence of prolapse. Laser hemorrhoidopexy is not associated with any risk of stenosis. Healing/result is excellent because, unlike conventional surgeries, there are no incisions/cut or stitches.
- Access to the hemorrhoid is achieved by entering through a small perianal port. By this approach, no wounds are generated in the area of the anoderm or mucosa. As a result, the patient experiences less post-operative pain and can return to normal activities within a shorter space of time.
1. No incisions
2. No excisions
3. No open woundsThree treatment principles with laser:
1. Reduction of the hemorrhoidal tissue, not total destruction/excision
2. Reconstruction of the natural anatomy
3. Nontouch of the anoderm
I met Dr. Gotkhinde for laparo chole surgery for gall stone. I want to treat it with medicine only. But with his knowledge of subject , crystal clear thinking and confidence I decided my mind and operated with him. In operation room I remember only one injection and when I woke up, surgery was over. Very little pain after surgery. Got discharge in 2 days.Thanks doctor.
After my difficult c section, I developed a hernia, I was really scared. My gyne sends me to Dr. Abhijit. It was a great decision to go with him. He done laparoscopy. My experience of surgery was exactly the same as what he told me before. He is a perfectionist surgeon.
Dr. Abhijit Gotkhinde sir operated my father for piles using a laser technique. Initially, we were quite anxious but after discussing with him about the procedure we felt confident. Surgery was done in less than 30 min & it was absolutely pain-free. He recovered in a single day. Within 1 week he is ready to work. Now we are thinking we would have done the procedure prior only. I must say, Dr. Gotkhinde is the best laser surgeon for piles.