Laparoscopic Appendix Surgery Treatment
The appendix is a long narrow tube about few inches in length that attaches to the first part of the colon which is also known as cecum.It is usually located in the lower quadrant of the abdominal cavity. Its functions, however, is not identified yet. It is still considered a vestigial organ.
What is Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is an inflammation of the appendix, it usually causes pain in your lower right abdomen. However, in most of the people, pain begins around the navel and then moves. As inflammation starts, appendicitis pain typically increases and eventually becomes severe.Standard treatment is surgical removal of the appendix called Appendectomy.
Why do we need Appendectomy?
Acute recurrent appendicitis
– Carcinoid tumour of the appendix
– Mucocele of the appendix
– As interval appendectomy after drainage of appendicular abscess or after appendicular mass
What is Laparoscopic Appendectomy?
Appendicitis is one of the most common surgical problems. One out of every 2,000 people has an appendectomy sometime during their lifetime. Treatment requires an operation to remove the infected appendix. In laparoscopic procedure for removal of the appendix, appendectomies, surgeons operate through 3 small incisions which are arpond 5mm in size, while watching an enlarged image on a high definition monitor.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Appendectomy?
- Less post-operative pain related to size of incision- smaller incisions
- Less Handling of intestines which results in little or no disturbance of normal function
- No scars
- No drains and pipes
- May result in a quicker return to bowel function
- Better cosmetic results
Treatment of Appendicitis
- Renowned laparoscopic surgeon in Pune for the best appendicitis treatments
- 16+ years of expertise in the Laparoscopic surgery field
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Scar-free techniques
- High-end patient satisfaction
- More than 10000+ successful laparoscopic surgeries
- Affordable and safe treatment techniques
- Fewer consultations
- Immediate outstanding Results
- Best treatment care after the surgery
- Stomach pain that starts suddenly in the right side of your abdominal
- Abdominal swelling
- Constipation or diarrhoea
- Loss of Appetite
- Low-grade fever
- Pain that worsens if you cough and walk.
- Rigid Abdominal Muscles
- Blockage of the opening inside the appendix
- The gastrointestinal infection causes Tissue growth in appendix
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Stool, parasites, or growths that can clog your appendiceal lumen.
The doctor will observe symptoms caused by appendicitis. He may refer for some tests to examine your abdomen.
These tests and procedures may include
- Physical examination to assess your pain
- CT and MRI scan
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Blood test
About Dr. Abhijit Gotkhinde – Laparoscopic & Laser Specialist Surgeon
Dr. Abhijit B. Gotkhinde
Consultant Laparoscopic & Laser Surgeon
MBBS, DNB (GEN SURGERY), FMAS,
FIAGES, Fellow in Adv lap.
Dr. Abhijit B. Gotkhinde is one of the Qualified basic & advanced Laparoscopic Surgeon and the best Laser Surgeons in the Hadapsar, Pune. He believes in delivering the most authentic and top-class services in Piles, Fissure, Fistula Treatments also Hernia Treatments like Epigastric Hernia, Umbilical hernias, Epigastric hernia, Inguinal hernia, Femoral Hernia.
He has extensive experience in GI & Colorectal surgeries. He has a special interest in Laparoscopic surgery (cholecystectomy, Appendectomy, Hernia, Hysterectomy & Hiatal surgery) and minimal access proctology surgery. (Piles, fissure & fistula).
There are various types of Hernia occurred in people. These hernias types include hiatus, incisional, and umbilical hernias. Symptoms are present in about 66% of people with Groin Hernias. So for that many treatments can be done for various Hernia Treatment within Laparoscopic Surgery Treatment. After trying various methods without complete information and knowledge many people fail to achieve the desired Laparoscopic Surgery or Laser Surgery for Hernia and Piles Treatment.
A well Qualified Professional in Laparoscopic Surgeon has the knowledge, expertise, and experience to treat patients who suffer from Hernia Treatments like Epigastric Hernia, Umbilical hernias, Epigastric hernia, Inguinal hernia, Femoral Hernia and Piles, Fissure, Fistula Treatments also.
Ultra Care Clinic is proud to say that we offer affordable quality care without any compromise, by a Qualified surgeon Dr. Abhijit Gotkhinde.
A blind-ended tube connected to a pouch like structure i.e. cecum, is known as Appendix. It develops from cecum embryo logically. The cecum is a structure of colon which is located at the junction of both intestines (small and large).
The appendix rests on the junction of the small intestine and large intestine. It is a thin tube of approximately four inch length. Normally, the appendix is located in the lower right- hand side of the abdomen. Appendicitis pain may initiate in the middle part of the abdomen.
- The appendix is a small, worm-like external body part or an outgrowth attached to the colon. When the appendix gets blocked, Appendicitis occurs.
- Appendicitis is an inflammation of the appendix, a pouch-shaped organ connected to the large intestine. Without treatment, the appendix can rupture. This can lead to life -threatening situations. It is recommended to seek medical advise if there are possible symptoms of Appendicitis.
Symptoms of appendicitis progress over several hours to a couple of days, and usually begin with mild pain near the belly button that moves to the lower right quadrant of the belly and becomes sharper.
This pain usually is worse when you try to move, take deep breaths, or cough and sneeze. Sometimes the pain occurs suddenly, and it can be very severe, different from other abdominal pain you’ve felt before.
Other symptoms of appendicitis that accompany the abdominal pain include:
– Loss of appetite
– Nausea and/or vomiting
– Abdominal bloating or swelling
– Constipation, diarrhea, and gas (or an inability to pass gas)
– Feeling like a bowel movement will relieve the pain
– Pain elsewhere in the abdomen, in the back, or in the rectal area
– Painful urination
– General feeling of being unwell (malaise)
Causes of appendicitis are unknown in most of the cases. There is possibility of many reasons behind the occurrence of appendicitis. According to medical professionals, an obstruction in the appendix may lead to the appendicitis. Partial and complete obstruction; both can be responsible for the occurrence of appendicitis. An accumulation of fecal matter may lead to obstruction. The other possible reasons behind the obstruction are listed below:
- Enlarged lymphoid follicles
There are chances of multiplication of bacteria inside the organs surrounding the colon when there is obstruction in the appendix. This enhances formation of pus which puts additional pressure and it can be painful. As a result of this process, local blood vessels get compressed and there can be generation of gangrene due to lack of blood flow to appendix. A medical emergency may arise if the appendix rupture takes place and fecal matter can fill into the abdomen.
If you have appendicitis you will likely need emergency surgery to remove the appendix (an appendectomy).
An appendectomy reduces the chance of having a ruptured (burst) appendix. The appendix may be removed using laparoscopic surgery (a laparoscopic appendectomy), which involves smaller incisions and shorter recovery time.
In some instances of mild appendicitis, it may be treated with antibiotics alone, though the standard treatment for appendicitis remains an appendectomy.
I met Dr. Gotkhinde for laparo chole surgery for gall stone. I want to treat it with medicine only. But with his knowledge of subject , crystal clear thinking and confidence I decided my mind and operated with him. In operation room I remember only one injection and when I woke up, surgery was over. Very little pain after surgery. Got discharge in 2 days.Thanks doctor.
After my difficult c section, I developed a hernia, I was really scared. My gyne sends me to Dr. Abhijit. It was a great decision to go with him. He done laparoscopy. My experience of surgery was exactly the same as what he told me before. He is a perfectionist surgeon.
Dr. Abhijit Gotkhinde sir operated my father for piles using a laser technique. Initially, we were quite anxious but after discussing with him about the procedure we felt confident. Surgery was done in less than 30 min & it was absolutely pain-free. He recovered in a single day. Within 1 week he is ready to work. Now we are thinking we would have done the procedure prior only. I must say, Dr. Gotkhinde is the best laser surgeon for piles.